Doug Armstrong & Kasperi Kapanen release statements regarding incident in Finland
Earlier on Thursday, it was reported by Finnish media outlet Yle.fi that St. Louis Blues forward Kasperi Kapanen was allegedly facing a charge of aggravated drunk driving stemming from an incident last month.
Kapanen is due in court in Finland in February 2024 after it was revealed that court documents were filed back on August 23rd.
Following the news, St. Louis Blues General Manager Doug Armstrong released a statement regarding the news surround his player, expressing his disappointment and said the following:
"Today we became aware of the incident involving Kasperi and I have spoken with him and his agent. We are disappointed in his lapse of judgement and are entrusting him to make the necessary changes to avoid putting himself in a similar situation in the future." Armstrong said.
Kasperi Kapanen also released a statement, saying that he acknowledges he made a mistake and apologized to the Blues organization and the fan base.
"I made an unacceptable error in judgement and take full responsibility for my actions. I offer my apologies to my family, the Blues organization, my teammates and fans. I understand the severity of my mistake and am committed to doing everything I can to earn back trust." Kapanen said.
The 27-year-old was claimed off waivers by the St. Louis Blues back in late-February and went on to appear in 23 games for them, tallying 14 points (eight goals, six assists), ten penalty minutes and had an even-rating. Kapanen is entering the final year of his contract and is set to become an unrestricted free agent in July 2024.
Previously on Bladeofsteel
POLL |
SEPTEMBRE 7 | 389 ANSWERS Doug Armstrong & Kasperi Kapanen release statements regarding incident in Finland Will Kapanen start the season with the St. Louis Blues? |
Yes | 247 | 63.5 % |
No | 142 | 36.5 % |
List of polls |